HST advances human health through academic excellence in education and research that integrates science, engineering and medicine. We educate outstanding minds, cultivate leaders, create knowledge, and generate cost-effective preventative, diagnostic, and therapeutic innovations.
We train our students to carry their engineering and scientific expertise from the laboratory bench to the patient's bedside and to bring clinical insights from the patient's bedside to the laboratory bench.
HST academics and research are committed to:
* Exploring the fundamental principles underlying diseases
* Discovering new pharmaceuticals and devices to ameliorate human suffering; and
* Training the next generation of physicians, scientists, and engineers to do the same.
We apply our mission in three primary research focus areas:
* Biomedical Imaging;
* Biomedical Informatics and Integrative Biology; and
* Regenerative and Functional Biomedical Technologies.